Monday, November 26, 2007

Social Bookmarking, etc.

Tagging is a wonderful tool! I can't wait to see how it will be used by library staff and patrons. I am generally a very organized person and so this fits right in with my desire (or need) to keep everything in its place and accessible. I especially like the idea of being able to access my delicious account from any computer I might be at. Using keywords (tags) to categorize websites is really helpful if you have a tendency to forget what you may have saved a particular site under, as I frequently do. I don't remember off hand whether KRL has started a "Cloud" on their website, but I think it is an aesthetically pleasing way to present tags and very easy to use. Sites that I have added to my account are ones that either I use regularly or plan on using more frequently in the near future.

No comments: